A question for the straight folks

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Barbwire, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Barbwire

Gold Member

So, straight folks, how do you feel when someone of the same sex says things to you of a sexual nature or "hits on you"?

To my knowledge, I've never had another woman make a play at me or flirt with me in a face to face situation. Maybe it's happened at some point but, I did not pick up on it.

I have had a couple female members of SF say things to me that makes me think that they would indeed fuck me if they could. Whenever I come across something like that, I don't know how to respond. I'm not turned on, off or otherwise, I'm just in shock, I suppose. I have a hard time responding to such comments and I'm like a deer in the headlights. :ugh

Am I the only one that feels like this?

EDIT:

Wait, I DID have a gay or bi woman come sit next to me on a bench and stroke my thigh once so, I guess maybe that counts. I was about 21 at the time and had just had a major public screaming match with my asshole b/f at the time. He stormed off as we were waiting for a whale watch boat and left me there on the bench alone.

I was so upset that I started crying, really sobbing out loud. In a few minutes, I felt someone sit on the bench next to me. I thought it was my b/f but, I was too pissed at him to look at him. I just looked at the ocean. I heard a sigh and then felt a hand on my thigh. When I looked down I saw fingernail polish. Scared the poop out of me, so I jumped off the bench and walked away, my heart pounding in my chest.

Funny shit, that.

#1 Barbwire, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  2. pussydog

pussydog New Member

hi just can take it,if is me cos just think of it makes me sick.

3. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

I can take joking around with ladies that are good friends, but like you, I don't know what to think if I feel like a woman is hitting on me.

I was at the Stone Temple Pilots concert about two weeks ago with some friends, and there was a girl along I didn't know well. She got very drunk, and was flashing her tits to the skank behind, who was doing it back to her, and they were grinding and playing around. Pretty soon the skank started grabbing my ass, so I turned around, grabbed her hair, and planted a kiss on her lips. She didn't touch me again.

I am sure there are some ladies here who would go for ya, sweetie. Hell, If I was so inclined you would turn me on too. You are beautiful and sexy, but I would never come onto because I am a dick girl, as you are.

I dunno?

4. HardRocker

Gold Member

When I was in college in Atlanta, 1976-77, there was a rough bunch of (we didn't say gay back then)homosexual guys that preyed on the kids staying in my private dormitory next to Georgia Tech. They hung around the pool tables at a college bar and occasionally grabbed what they wanted. One of them, nearly a foot taller that me wanted to look down my shirt once and I backed off, but he held on to my shirt. I ended up with no buttons after getting myself out of there. We put up with that shit for our entire freshman year before I moved out and got an apartment for the remainder of my college years.

So, I've been pretty defensive since then whenever I find myself to be the object of same-sex interest.

5. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Okay I know I have made a few complimenting advances in your direction. Sorry if what I posted made you a little confused.

I have a few bi-sexual friends maybe that is what made me feel comfortable with my sexuality. Which made me think that I could more openly talk about what I like about women.

For example. a friend and I were drinking one night and were throwing around the idea of showering together.. it was a funny night. Then about a month later we were at our Soccer team get together, she was like "Wow you look so sexy Candy.. OMG! look at those boobies!" I just giggled and said "you're funny!"

After that, while she was sitting next to me. She kept on looking at me in amazement. I said "Well I'm going outside for a smoke" she said "I'll join ya"

When we got out she said "Oh god I just had to do this" and rubbed her face in my boobs haha. We just laughed about it but then while we were having our cigarettes the conversation began to get a little serious. She started telling me how she loves her Ex (at the time) but she had heard some bad stuff about him and that she was angry that her other friends were trying to get her to just leave it. She began crying a little and saying "I don't know what to do" I was like "Girl just do what you have to do to make yourself happy, don't worry about your friends are telling you. If he proves himself to be jerk while he is with you, then leave it" (rumours were floating around about his past endeavours).

I gave her a hug and then while we were hugging with our cheeks against eachothers, she slowly moved her lips closer to mine and she said "I've been wanting to do this all night" and we made out. It was weird I had never kissed a girl with her tongue pierced before but it sure was nice. Our make out session went on for a good while with some touchy feely moments. Later when she was leaving she said "Come back to my place for some more fun".. I wasn't really ready for that so I said "maybe" in return but just went home (She didn't mind). Sorry I went off on a tangent there

BUT All that being said, I think you should just say what you feel. If you find what someone has said about you funny.. just giggle. If you find it a little confusing for a lady to think something like that. Ask why. If another woman turns you on.. just subtly say "damn that's hot" or a simple "Wow".

Also just a small note. I am straight but curious at the same time (maybe more towards Bi) and I find it really hard to refrain from telling a woman she's sexy and beautiful when she is or what I am imagining... I don't know why. That's just me. I guess I should watch what I say because I could probably offend someone at some point. If I have I am sorry.

6. Barbwire

Gold Member

No, I'm not offended at all, no need to apologize. Like I said, I just don't know how to respond because I'm not used to women saying things to me that I've always heard a man say.

7. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

I was being considerate just in case :) Thank you for putting me at ease.

8. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

I'm more flattered by a woman's attention than I would be by a man's. Women tend to be more judgmental of each other and if one finds me attractive that the biggest compliment I can get.

9. igor

Gold Member

I have worked around gay guys for many years. None of them have come onto me. I don't know how I would respond - probably say thanks but no thanks. I am straight as can be.
    Interestingly, our previous computer manager (in our ITS department) was a lesbian and a really fun gal. She paid me one of the nicest compliments I have ever had, saying if she were straight she'd like nothing better than to bed me.

10. Meee

Gold Member

I don't think I'm shocked when another girl says something. Usually I say something like "That's very sweet of you." And I mean it sincerely. But when we say things like that in person, it's easier to add a tone that makes it final.

Here at this site, I've gotten some private messages that said "Have you ever been with a woman?" I usually answer, "I kiss my friends on the cheek. Does that count?"

11. HardRocker

Gold Member

I should follow up on what I said about my college acquired revulsion for being aggressively pursued by guys with mal intent. I'm not afraid of gay guys, just those that want to throw me down and fuck me. If I received a sexual proposal or suggestion, I would simply turn it down - no interest at all. If being watched or ogled with a lascivious glare, I would make like a hockey player and get the puck outa there.

12. Michellesoldman

Michellesoldman New Member

I was the object of some unwanted male attention once when I was younger. I was an adult, but a very young and naive one. I just politely excused myself and left. That was that.

I was a homo-phobe for a while. I don't know if it had anything to do with THAT incident or not. If it did, it wasn't a conscious connection.

Anyway, to answer the original question, no it doesn't bother me. If it were to happen now, I'd just politely decline with something like "I'm flattered, but I'm strictly-clit-ly."

13. LilBAM

Gold Member

I've been hit on by a guy once(not on this site), and I had the same reaction you did, CL. The next day, they made what I thought was an approach at me, so I had to tell them I was straight. That's the only time it's happened to me, so I wasn't used to it then, and I still don't consider myself used to it now. If you feel they are making a serious advance on you, and it's not just playing around, I would talk to them and say I'm not interested and I don't swing that way. I'd think being hit on was a good compliment, though.

14. Jeezy

Jeezy New Member

I have been hit on twice by a girl. Both of these times I was really quite young (13 and 15!!) so I found it very uncomfortable and completely detested the idea of liking women throughout my teens. Both the girls were close friends of mine though so I reacted carefully as I really didn't want to hurt them or lose their friendship. It was quite awkward for a time after that but now we are older it doesn't affect me at all. I have a really close relationship with a lot of my female friends and can very easily say I love them - because I really do. But never in that way. I don't find the idea of girl on girl 'gross' anymore, but, for me, I will definitely only ever love cock!:D x

15. luvbug

Gold Member

Ive never been hit on by another female....so I dont know how I would react.

16. Cheeky

Cheeky New Member

As near enough a lesbian, i never seriously flirt with my straight friends, and that's important if you want a understanding relationship. So in comparison, i would never flirt or hint to any other known straight females (if you got an incline that they are not completely straight you may aswell give it a try) a few times i have got that wrong, and can understand the "shocked" aspect, at the end of the day, you shouldn't be blamed for your reaction whatsoever.

17. backcheck64

Gold Member

Way back when I was working at as a server at a restaurant (college days), another male server, and he know I was doing 3 of the female servers there, decided to hit on me, I let it go until he grabbed my ass, when he went to the store room, I rearraged his face. I don't care about comments, but touching is where I draw the line.

18. Letters

Letters New Member

I don't think I've actually had another guy hit on me before. Although with some of my friends, we're kind of strange and will sarcastically talk dirty to each other, and even take it so far that someone might get dry humped or spanked. It's hard to explain. We have a weird sense of humor.

But if another man came up to me and started hitting on me, like for example, said I had a nice ass (even though I don't). I would probably react in a typical way that I would to my friends that do with something like "yes, I carved it just for you," and would turn it into a joke, but not in a way to embarrass him, I don't want to be like that. And I would probably take any sort of compliments he gives me as a confidence boost.

But then again, I'm not 100% straight, still sort of experimenting. I'm relaxed and loose with my sexuality. But even if I was rigidly straight, I would probably react similarly, because whatever my sexuality is, I'm comfortable with it, and I don't want to embarrass people and like to take every opportunity to make a funny.

19. lbushwalker

Gold Member

When I was young (long hair, unisex gear) I was hit on several times but at the time thought those guys were just being friendly.
    It was only when it got obvious that quite shocked, I advised them in no uncertain terms that pussy and boobs were the only thing for me and that sent 'em packing.
    Any male who forces themselves on me is more likely than not to end up with a fat lip and swollen eyes for their efforts; on the other hand any women who does the same might get more than she bargained for!

#19 lbushwalker, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  20. Rozenkavalier

Rozenkavalier New Member

I've been directly approached by Gay or Bi-sexual men several times in my life. Each time I emerged from the conversation with a different point of view.

These experiences have confirmed for me my heterosexual feelings but have improved my understanding about anal sex etc. I have faced the fact that perfume and a horny woman is what does it for me.

I'm also the kind of fellow who will spend all day in a duck blind with a bunch of guys, play team sports, etc..

My lesbian friends always impress me with their inteligence and sensitivity.

Generally I've never found these contacts uncomfortable and threatening. For those who do feel inimidated or frightenend I recommend a careful self analysis of why you feel that way.

#20 Rozenkavalier, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010