A Question About Birth Control Pills

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by DaAzn, Nov 1, 2010.

1. DaAzn

DaAzn New Member

Okay, I've searched high and low for an answer to my question. Most of them are:

a) All about STDs. Me and my girlfriend are strictly monogamous. We have no other sex partners, and no STDs. So there is zero chance of infection.

b) Telling me to abstain. Well, my girlfriend and Jesus have decided to see other people. I'm on the pagan camp. So, abstinence is nonsensical to us.

My question is very simple, but it seems that accurate answers are hard to find:

Will me cumming inside my girlfriend (who's on the pill MonoNessa) reduce the claimed effectiveness of 90+% of the pill?

2. Michellesoldman

Michellesoldman New Member

Have you tried searching through the manufacturer's website? That might be the best place to get the reliable info you seek.

Anything as important as a pregnancy would require me hear it from the manufacturer or a doctor.

3. backcheck64

Gold Member

Not sure which pill my wife was on, but 15 yrs of sex 5 to 8 times a week, no other birth control used, not even one scare. Actually took 5 months to get pregnant after she went off the pill.

4. DaAzn

DaAzn New Member

Well, I did read the "drug info" thing that's for her pill. Besides mentioning that protection only comes 7 days after she starts it, it does not really mention the effects of cumming inside.

5. Michellesoldman

Michellesoldman New Member

I may be wrong since I've never had a need to visit a pharmaceutical manufacturer's website, but I'd think there would be MUCH more detailed info available online. I'd bet that they only put the bare necessities in published literature due to cost.

6. Mittimer

Gold Member

Um...
    to be completely blunt..

Birth control pills are made for you to fuck, cum and not get pregnant.

They keep the female body from releasing an egg every month (if taken every day at the same time without skipping pills blah blah blah) for you to fertilize.

If you cum in her, on birth control, when she takes it properly, GENERALLY you wont get pregnant. I don't know why it would reduce the risk of it, and honestly if you're taking a pill that is only 90% effective, then she needs to find another one.

Most are 99% effective and have VERY few mishaps.

I was on birth control for over a year, never used a condom (as it was strictly sex with my Fiancee) and I never got pregnant.

7. DaAzn

DaAzn New Member

For reference, this is the drug information for the exact pill she's taking:

http://pi.watson.com/data_stream.asp?product_group=1280&p=ppi&language=E

Mittimer, to be honest, this is really more of a "me" thing than her. I asked her today if it's alright for me to cum inside her, and she says that she's never let anyone cum inside her willingly. I asked why, and she says she's worried about getting pregnant.

Which is fine by me, because I don't want any children for the rest of my life, and I have no intention of putting her through the pain of child birth since she doesn't want kids either.

So she put me on this "assignment" to figure out if me cumming inside her will affect the effectiveness of her pill. I'm primarily looking for information that's backed with scientific info...

8. Mittimer

Gold Member

I'm assuming she went through a doctor to get this pill. She needs to go BACK to this doctor and ask these questions for herself and you.

9. Mittimer

Gold Member

Also, after reading up a bit on the pill myself, it says that the doctor will require constant doctor visits while on this pill. (Generally once a month or every 2 weeks for blood tests)

How long has she been on this pill and has she been back to the doctor? Did a clinic just randomly give this to her? Did she get it from a friend?

10. lbushwalker

Gold Member

DaAzn, if you are certain you don't want kids then have a vasectomy.
    That is the ultimate solution but you need to be sure of the no kids thing because beware your partner or future partners may feel very different on that issue.

11. NaughtyKnickers

Gold Member

DaAzn,

Something doesn't seem right..... :ugh
    As Mittimer said, the whole point of birth control is allowing women to have intercourse free of having to use barrier methods, with a 99% effectiveness rate. I can't imagine your girlfriend has been on the pill and yet doesn't know that.

I use a hormonal contraceptive too, and just checked the 8,000 words of fine print info that came w/it, and nowhere does it say, "Go ahead, let your man spew a load in ya, you're covered!"
    I think that's implied. :)

Your girl needs to A) Call her doctor, and/or B) Let you know the real reason why she doesn't want you coming inside her.

12. SWGirl

SWGirl New Member

I've been on over 12 different kinds of birth control since I was 16 (initially perscribed to regulate menstruation and for acne) and finally found one that fits me well.

Trust me when I say that I've had countless conversations with qualified professionals regarding the actual process involved in oral contraceptives.

Like Mittimer said, the pill regulates menstruation, but does prevent ovulation. Her body does not release eggs to be fertilized. So you could literally cum inside 100 different women that are properly taking oral birth control with 99% effectiveness 35 times a day, every single day for a 6 month period of time, and 1 of them MIGHT get pregnant.
    (The alpha rate of failure measures the instance of ovulation or "egg release", not undesired conception.)

This is considering her body responds well to that particular pill (which is why she went to a qualified doctor), and providing that she takes it properly, at the same time every single day without missing a day.

If she has any more questions or fears, please ask her to call her doctor. If there is an underlying issue that she is not comfortable with you cumming inside her, then that's something for you to discuss with her. If that is the case and you need more advise, please feel free to ask the ladies here.

13. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

This is your answer, and she is spot on. I was on the pill for over 20 years, never got pregnant....

14. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

I was fourteen and a half years on the pill without incident. I conceived my daughter within a month of stopping it. My partners were always allowed to cum in my vagina except when I asked them to cum elsewhere for kicks.

15. DaAzn

DaAzn New Member

While I've considered getting snipped before this, I frankly don't feel comfortable about the process.

Actually, I've never been comfortable with the idea of surgery period. Someone puts gas in your face and knocks you out. Then when you're unconscious, someone cuts into you and changes shit about. Then you wake up, changed.

I apply the same principle to my body as I do to my car (I'm an auto enthusiast): If shit's being done to it, I want to know exactly what. I stand right next to the mechanic who's doing work on my car.

Unfortunately, there is no way for me to stand next to the doctor as he's doing stuff to me without experiencing the unholiest of pains.

Not to mention the statistics I've read about vasectomy points to about 10% of men having pain in their nuts for the rest of their lives after the procedure.

She's been on the pill for about 10 days now. She usually is not taking them, because she finds them to be a waste of money when she's not having sex every day of the week (we used to live 5 hours apart. Now she lives with me).

She got them from the local Planned Parenthood branch through their Hope program. I don't know if the doctor specifically prescribed MonoNessa, or if the doctor simply gave her some "generic pills".

The bolded part is precisely what I wanted to hear. I was always curious as to how they test these pills and come up with failure rates. If they measured it based on conception, then the unlucky woman who got pregnant must've been pissed as hell.

16. HardRocker

Gold Member

It is a hormone that must be balanced at a specific systemic level. Skipping even one day a month can cause the birth control to be ineffective. If she isn't compliant with the prescription order then it really is a waste of money. You better use the condoms until she gets with the program.

17. Mittimer

Gold Member

...how old is your girlfriend? Seriously?
    As hardrocker said, if you aren't taking the pills as they are proscribed, then you are going to get pregnant.

You can't just say "oh I'm having sex today, let me take a pill before hand so I don't get pregnant" ...no, it's not like that.

If she and yourself truly read the leaflet that came with the drug telling you how to use it, you would know this. It clearly states that every pill must be taken at the same time ever day. If you miss a pill, then you're more or less fucked. (no pun intended)

In all honesty, if you two can't be responsible with your use of any type of birth control, then you shouldn't be having sex. If you "accidentally" get pregnant due to your or your girlfriends inability to follow guidelines it's not just your life that's thrown for a loop, it's the poor unwanted child's life too.

Having sex is a wonderful thing, really it is. But if you can't be an adult and be responsible about it, then you need to look else where for pleasure.

18. guynky

guynky New Member

Couple of years ago, my girlfriend was on the pill (or thats what she said), but I still pulled out before i cummed out of fear. There was an instance where I cummed inside her before pulling out...and she came up being pregnant. Anyone have any inform on what might have happened?

19. Mittimer

Gold Member

She wasn't taking her pill correctly or at all.

20. DaAzn

DaAzn New Member

Both of you are misunderstanding and overreacting. I said she wasn't on it BEFORE these past 10 days, because she wasn't that sexually active then. Before she started, I either pulled out, or wore a condom.

These past 10 days, we both take equal responsibility in making sure she takes her pills. I have a reminder on my phone set to alert me every day 10pm sharp, at which point she takes her pills.

We're not stupid.

Anywho, I talked it over with her today, with the new info, and she's agreed to let me unload inside her, which I just did 15 mins ago. Thanks for the advice and info everybody.

It was a hoot, and also a mess, because it's the first time for us both to have sex ending with me cumming inside. Guess I need to prep a towel next time.

#20 DaAzn, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2010