A plain ol' thread about relationships

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Untamed, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

So the ex husband and I got to talking today. Great conversation!

I told him of one of my girlfriends woes and he said "wow this is the second time this week that I have heard about somebody having relationship problems" then he went on to say that him and I have a better relationship than a lot of people that are actually in a relationship.

You know him and I have had our share of ups and downs although he may harp on me a bit about the kids I have come to realise that he is one of my best friends.

Since we have been getting along so well lately I took a long hard look at him the other day to see whether there was anything there romantically but nope nothing. Wouldn't that be great if there was lol

But yes we talked and he explained how he was glad that we can be friends unlike some folk. He always tells me he cares about me and that he wants the best for me.

I am so glad that we can get along now all bitterness diminished and we can give each other advice on dating lol

But we have both come to the decision that you know some people are just not meant to be in relationships.

LOL we even compared it to animals and how most animals aren't in monogamous relationships.

What are your views?

2. pbs

pbs
    Gold Member

Yours looks like an ideal situation for ex-partners with kids - kudos on being able to pull that off.

Just curious, what is it about the intimate or romantic relationship that doesn't work?

3. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Too much history and also knowing that living together being a couple we just can't gel.

LOL and if he starts to give me crap hey I can just go home and not have to put up with it all day :p

4. igor

Gold Member

Good for you to have a friendly relationship with your X.

5. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

It took time and patience to get there.

6. hubbywubby

hubbywubby New Member

I think its great for your kids. You never know there may be nothing there now but your still young. Sometimes things change. If not you have a great friend and father for your kids. Although he may want more and he just realizes hes not going to get what he wants so he would rather be friends then have nothing with you. It could be hard for any future boy fiends that you have. Maybe not though. I live in New York and they just had a special report that there is a possible terrorist threat this weekend because of the 9-11 anniversary. I used to live in Manhattan and I have had dinner at windows on the world. It was so freaking high and I had trouble enjoying my dinner. Just felt uneasy. on 9-11 I watched the towers fall from the long island side and I'm glad I was far enough away that I could not see major details. Anyway I live on long Island now and my point is you only live once so why fight with people. I hope you get along for ever... I also pray that no one gets hurt this weekend. Sorry for the two story response but as I was typing there was a special report on TV. So I kind of got off topic because its a sore spot.

7. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

That is true. No need to fight with people. Share the love <3

and yes I hope everyone is safe over there and out of harms way. Such a sad anniversary *hugs*

8. Maverick

Maverick Member

I'm friends with all but 2 of my ex's. 1 I just abused her love to much and she left me on my birthday, and the other, is just to flakey and immature for me to have a convo with at this time. Been working on both of these, but it takes time.

9. Mittimer

Gold Member

I'm friends with most of my ex's, almost all of us have ended on mutual and respectful terms. I did however lose contact with a lot of them once I got married. Not because I wanted to but the whole ring on the finger made guys back away quickly lol

10. Maverick

Maverick Member

That's funny, cuz it had the opposite effect on me.

11. Mittimer

Gold Member

Oddly enough, it did with my husband too. I swear, the moment we got married, every girl he went to high school with added/messaged him on facebook.

It was amusing when he told them "um im married' and they never spoke to him again.

/end hijack

12. CosmicEye

Gold Member

I'm still in the heartache moment of me and my ex's relationship. She's always starting shit up again, just waiting to get over this hump so we can be on good terms. It's taking forever.

13. Maverick

Maverick Member

Ya, I just recently added a few ex's that I had to delete in the past. Was nice to catch back up, because they know me, and it makes my life easy having someone to BS with about my past. I guess it's my charismatic attitude. ;)

/start hijack.

14. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

My children's Dad is probably the only ex that I am really interested in staying friends with. We were together for 10 years, lived together for 7 years and well I just know him as he does me.

My other ex's (3 of them) don't live near me, have no real influence on my life as it is now and well they lacked the friendship aspect of a relationship. They now live their lives and I live mine. Much better that way and hey if they ask how things are with me... I will kindly respond. I wouldn't call it a friendship though. Friends are people that are there for you when the going gets tough and I can easily say that my ex husband would be.

15. RideNaked2

Gold Member

My divorce started out as friends, stayed that way until he met his now current wife. I would have liked to remain friends for the sake of the kids. It was tough when my youngest daughter got married, her father showed up long enough to walk her down the isle (with T on the other side of her :) ), eat...then left. His wife never spoke a word to me. Was a horrible experience for my daughter, she felt that her father didn't care to be a part of her special day. T has always been there more for her than her real father has so she was Happy that T was there to share the day! It really makes it tough when ex spouses can't just "get along" for the sake of the children. I would happily sit down and have a civil conversation with my ex and his wife, but it's her insecurities that make that not possible. It is unfortunate.

16. RideNaked

RideNaked New Member

Not to mention the fact that she's a controlling, money grubbing bitch...:D:lol:eyes

T