A little confused.

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by IloveSex415, Jun 17, 2011.

1. IloveSex415

IloveSex415 New Member

I'm at a point in my life, where I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for. It seems that every time I meet someone or begin dating, I have strong feelings for that person and I desire a long term relationship. I guess you can say I get attached. I'm willing to be patient, but I wish I had a girl to express myself to and keep me company. I don't like being single, but sometimes I feel like it's for the best. I'm just lonely, and not 100% sure if I want to get seriously involved, I hate not having a girlfriend.

I met a girl at a bar (a very bad place to meet someone you're going date) on a Tuesday night.

She was with some friends that I knew, we immediately started talking. I thought she was really cute. We got a long really well and her friends said it seemed like she was interested, and I could tell there was a something (you know) between us.

She told me that she has a boyfriend (that's when I should have forgotten about this girl). He was at work, and they have been dating for 6 months, she didn't sound too enthused. They have trust issues, and she thinks he cheated on her, but he "said" that he was just taking a girl to a movie? I dunno.

We agreed we hate liars, and she said she has a tough time lying...
    So I asked if she wanted to hang out with me, and she said she did want to. So I got her number, and he texted a little.

This girl stood me up, and said she was going to call me then she didn't.
    Either she's hanging out with her boyfriend or she's blowing me off.

I just don't understand why she gave me her number....we got a long so well.

Obviously I'm delusional, I really like her. Even though we just me and have only seen each other once.

I really want to get to know her but she doesn't seem like she's worth all the hassle I'm going to have to go through just to hang out with her.

Plus she likes to drink, I guess it's ok, I did the same thing when I was 21.

I've met my fair share of girls - things just don't work out or they have their issues. Or we just don't have the chemistry. Or we start a relationship that lasts for months, nothing too serious, even though I think about committing myself to her, because of my strong feelings.
    I love flirting, and want to be with a caring person, I guess I'm just going through a difficult time. Just thought I would vent. I should just focus on school and hang out with friends.

2. nurseharley

Gold Member

Well since this girl is already involved with someone else it's better for both of you that you let it be. She's probably standing you up because she has a boyfriend. You've only hung out with her once so you barely know her enough to say there was anything between you two. Forget about her unless she tells you she's single and makes an effort to hang out

3. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

Yep.....I agree with NH......and besides, your still only 22....there's plenty of time for relationships to form yet.....:eyes
    Enjoy this time of your life by hanging out with your friends and doing what pleases you without the confines of a relationship.....:D

4. backcheck64

Gold Member

You never know when you'll find her. I went through 46 to get to the one, but I'm picky. Relax.

5. Trond

Gold Member

I am guessing she was angry at her boyfriend, and that she was a bit interested in you but later chickened out because of her relationship. It sucks, but it happens. Best thing is just to move on. She knows that you tried to contact her, so if she wants to call you she will. Don't hold your breath though.

:lol Sounded a bit odd. You're 22!

6. IloveSex415

IloveSex415 New Member

Thanks for the advice everyone. I was just hoping her and I could hang out as friends...
    I'm still young. Just wish I had someone, I might get hurt in the long run.
    I guess I can wait for now :)

7. Doodoodooo

Doodoodooo New Member

Yeah man, I am 21 and just got out of a 4 year relationship because it was holding me back from being myself at such a young age. There is so much out there to explore and I believe there are so many girls that are compatible with you. The right one will fall into your life eventually :)

8. 33stack

Gold Member

u remember the excact number of women u went thru???:eek

9. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

here is a way to look at it: you have to be comfortable with yourself, by yourself, not NEEDING someone but WANTING that someone.
    If you are nothing by yourself then you are dependant and not a comforting though. Confidence and being your own person before being involved. Sure, it gets lonely but that's not the real point, don't find yourself someone to get yourself lost into and totally involved.

10. IloveSex415

IloveSex415 New Member

I totally agree with being comfortable with myself by myself, I don't think I am all the time. Some of the time I am but not always.

I am confident, but I have a lot to work on before I can sustain a healthy relationship, unfortunately.