[Ask a Girl] A dealbreaker??

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by talldarknaverage, Aug 7, 2011.

1. talldarknaverage

talldarknaverage New Member

Question for the ladies. If you met a guy who you thought was good looking, was intelligent and funny, and had a job, home, etc..would you still be interested if he had the absolute worst sense of style you had ever seen? I mean, so inept at dressing himself that he couldn't even pull off the classic black t shirt and jeans. We're talking not matching, ever, maybe a guy that wore khakis and pulled them up too high, velcro sneakers, shirts from walmart. What do you think?

2. Mittimer

Gold Member

Personally, only a shallow person would really consider that a deal breaker.

When my husband and I got together, he had a pretty wicked sense of style. SUPER baggy day-glow colored pants, black shirts, trench coats etc.
    That was when he was in college.

Since he's gotten a job and works out in the real world, he's gone to nice fitting jeans, slacks, nice black dress shoes, belts, long sleeve dress shirts. Sexy. Super sexy.

But if he went back to the clothing that I didn't like, that wouldn't make me want/love him any less.

3. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Key words "intelligent and funny" ... style pfft.. could care less about what someone wears.

4. CosmicEye

Gold Member

I have to laugh at velcro shoes. It reminds me of a velcro wallet for 7 year olds.. My friend definantly has one and Im embarassed for him everytime he pulls it out with a pssshhhhh noise.

5. slashaddicted

slashaddicted New Member

Yeah I would still be interested. Although it would one of the things that would tick me off, but as long as he was up for me dressing him that would be great. I am into fashion design so I would b e all to happy to take the wheel.

6. Meee

Gold Member

One would have to wonder what kind of job he could get when he dressed like that. But I'm the makeover queen, so I'm sure we could still work things out.

7. talldarknaverage

All very encouraging responses. Good point Meee, what kind of job could you get dressed that poorly?

I had forgotten about the velcro wallett. My friend still had one last time I saw him a few years back, it said "I love my Truck" on it. Funny.

Next question, would you gals date a guy with a velcro wallett?????

8. Meee

Gold Member

A job where you stayed in the back and wore overalls.

9. Mira

Gold Member

Not a deal breaker at all.

As to the question of what kind of job you get dressing like that...I work in a building with 5,000 engineers and can confidently tell you that you can get a good job and not be a fashionable person. Honestly most employers care about how well you do your work over how you look unless you are going to be representing the company in public.

Also what's so bad about shirts from Walmart? Granted not everything there is nice but some of it is and to me having a guy who pays more for something than he could have out of vain is quite the opposite of sexy.

10. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

What the??? who judges someone because of their wallet that's ridiculous IMO

11. Meee

Gold Member

Yes, I think I'm missing the joke on that one.

12. talldarknaverage

It is ridiculous, thats why it's funny. Seriously...I haven't seen one of those in a while, reminds me of when I was a kid. It's a guy thing.

13. backcheck64

Gold Member

So are you saying you dress like a 7yr old Urkle? My god man please tell me you don't dress like this....for any reason.

Fortuantely for me, I grew up in the 80s, so jeans and an AC/DC or Zepplin T shirt was all you needed. Even back then though, if we went to a party, it was a button down Oxford shirt and a knit tie and we got a lot more attention from girls than the T shrit bunch. And you can buy stylish clothes at Kohls cheaper than Wally World crap...unless you're after the trailer crowd.

14. talldarknaverage

No, it's not a problem I have, just a hypothetical. I am your classic jeans, t shirt, boots guy. I do, however, clean up pretty nicely if I do say so myself.

15. backcheck64

Gold Member

No boots, shit kickers are for hicks, or at least they were. Adidas and Puma back then, Nike hadn't made their run yet, now it's Asics, top siders, or a nice pair of Cole Haas shoes for me. My wife likes me in my cargo shorts and silk shirts, a nice golf shirt will do too.

#15 backcheck64, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  16. ply

ply
    Gold Member

I was a hick, still am and wouldn't have it any other way. We used to like stomping city boys with our boots just for fun. LOL

17. backcheck64

Gold Member

We ran into plenty of hicks, never got stomped by one, being a hockey player, we tended to fuck them up...and bad. We got more tail in little hick towns. The girls told us they were tired of pickups and cow shit. Worked for us.