A Consentual Incest Relationship With Family Story?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by ShyGuy2, Nov 29, 2014.

1. ShyGuy2

ShyGuy2 Active Member

Okay, so I read this story not too long ago about a guy/girl who asked his parents to explain sex to him. They instructed him/her... physically and have done it with each other ever since. The question he posed was why was it so wrong to other people. To him it didn't mess up anything and he's had a healthy mind and relationship with other people. The responses he received were vastly disapproving. They said that he was abused and he just didn't know it. When he justified it and said that it wasn't abuse, they said that it was or accused him of lying for attention.

My thing is that, while yes, it is defined as abuse, some cases seem to be of the notion that sex just isn't a boundary for these families. In these cases, the parents aren't sexually desiring their child but just reaching another form of intimacy. The child doesn't seem to see it as wrong either. Of course, I read more stories from differing perspectives and I'm left with a bit of confusion.

What are your thoughts?

2. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Call me stodgy and old-fashioned but my thoughts in a word:
    WRONG!
    I don't care how "consensual" it is or if the family is a "no boundaries" sort of setup. Sexual contact and/or relations with someone who is your blood is always, always, always going to get the negative verdict with me. (And using "a higher level of intimacy" as a feeble crutch to justify incest - nope, won't fly here or in any moral/legal court that I know of.)
    You want to bond with your child? Coach their Little League team, teach them how to fish, go for a walk in the park - but don't ever be getting sexually involved with them.
    Talking about sexual matters with your parents? Yeah, alright - more power to you if you and yours can comfortably and candidly talk about those things. Going beyond talk and with a focus on one of said family members? Nope, nuh-uh, no way.
    You said, "the parents aren't sexually desiring their child" - then why would they ever consider initiating their child sexually and then continuing a sexual relationship with them?!
    "The child doesn't seem to see it as wrong either." Well, if that's all that they know and/or have been taught then that's not surprising - though I question how much is "I think" versus "I feel." (As in "I think this is okay, but it feels wrong.")
    That's where terms such as "abuse" would come in. The parents leaving their child ignorant to what is Right and using their position of authority to obtain sexual contact with their own child... That's deplorable. That's disgusting. That's Evil.

So yeah.... there's my thoughts. I'm stopping now before I go off on a truly long-winded and more than a bit pedantic tirade.

3. sagswing

Gold Member

^^^↑^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Pretty much nailed it!

10_3XL and jt _couple2012 like this.
  4. HotForHoney

Gold Member

Your parents (most) tell you the tooth fairy is real, Santa is real, that if you make funny faces, your face will freeze like that.

When you get older you realize not everything your parents said/did was truthful, correct, right.

Intimacy has no place between a parent and child. Intimacy is for husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend - lovers (whatever/whoever you are with).

Parents love their children differently than they love "lovers".

Having sex with your child isn't love or intimacy. It's abuse.
    Plenty of parents have explained sex to their children without having sex with them.

10_3XL, jt _couple2012 and Mittimer like this.
  5. Mittimer

Gold Member

What it comes down to really is morals. I am more or less on the side of "two consenting adults can do whatever they want to do" but in this case, it's clear that a child going to their parents and asking them about sex is not a consenting adult. The parents abused their authority in this situation and crossed a line. It's rape, it's incest, it's abuse and it's illegal. A child doesn't know to say no, specifically if the parental figures in their life are telling them this is "normal" or "ok". Parents are supposed to protect their children, not abuse their power on them.

However, if we take out morals completely, if we totally ignore that, what you're doing when you sleep with a parent or a sibling is entirely unsafe. It's genetically dangerous. If you slip up and accidentally become pregnant, the child you create could have a slew of genetic mutations. If they are to give birth the offspring would have a much higher chance of congenital birth defects.

In layman's terms, siblings/parents are known to carry recessive genes for all sorts of nasties. To activate a recessive gene, both partners must have said recessive genes. Siblings and parents have a high probability of both having the SAME recessive genes. That's very, very bad.

ply and 10_3XL like this.
  6. ShyGuy2

ShyGuy2 Active Member

Well, at least I know that that's a drawn line here but it doesn't exactly help me with my thoughts.

But let me at least clarify that I probably omitted some details from the above story. From what I remember, it seemingly started with his dad explaining masturbation to him and then something happened with his mom and things took off from there. From what I could tell, his parents didn't desire anything sexual from him until after that point which is generally how these things tend to go.

It would be much clearer if the parents were always the initiators and they placed romantic feelings onto their kids but... that's not always the case.

Most of the kids are between their late teens and early twenties. The parents never had any interest in them until something happens that includes sex which happens either that one time or continues for a while before dying. The motivations are diverse but it always includes the parents subjecting themselves to their child's desires or sexual needs.

These cases can't really be classified as abuse, not unless incest is abuse regardless of the circumstances.

7. jt _couple2012

Gold Member

Drug dealing is a crime and can't be justified...............Can you?
    It is that simple...............It's a crime body:):)

8. ShyGuy2

ShyGuy2 Active Member

Of course but my personal issue is that I feel that it's wrong but I can't pinpoint why. I understand these people's circumstances but there's just something off- base about it other than the blood relation...

You know what it is? The kid. That's what is bothering me. It's just weird for a kid to want to have sexual relations with his/her parents. I have to wonder what sparks that. What fault in the child's mind exists that replaces familial love with a romantic one? Or why do these cases always involve sex being the easiest if not the only solution? It just... confuses me.

9. HotForHoney

Gold Member

Sex feels good. The kid prob wants to feel good.

He wasn't taught that you don't have sex with your parents so he doesn't know it's wrong.

Just as another person didn't learn manners because there parents didn't teach him. In that house, they eat with their elbows on the table.

ply likes this.
  10. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

And that ^^^ brings up the discussion of the difference between Good/Bad and Right/Wrong.
    (Depending on context) there are plenty of things that feel Good but are Wrong - at least from a moral standpoint (as most people understand morality, that is).
    Example: Good but Wrong would be something like sex (feels Good, right?) ..... with family (Wrong - 'nuff sed).
    Also, as ShyGuy said he didn't think it was necessarily wrong in context, but it felt wrong. That sense he had is from an innate morality that we all have that steers us down the right path. Or - if you prefer the more secular approach - it's biological imperatives that are there to perpetuate the species - like not committing incest so as to avoid damaging traits being carried on. Regardless which way you look at it it comes to the same - Good/Wrong (Goodong? Wrood? I dunno I'm not good at creating portmanteaus.)

Also I'm really tired and not sure that made much sense... at least I know what I'm trying to say here. :p

11. JonJo

Gold Member

There is no such a thing as a biological imperative not to commit incest.
    Incest has been practised by various cultures throughout history.
    Many for the very reason to 'keep the line pure'. Damaging traits were not known about.
    Incest can/does/has happened between brother and sister who do not know that they are brother and sister; there was no 'biological imperative' stopping them.

ply likes this.
  12. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Okay - well, now you're just nitpicking. I was attempting to mollify the secular crowd since I was getting dangerously spiritual/religious. :p

ply and HotForHoney like this.
  13. JonJo

Gold Member

If you are a nit then sometimes you get picked.

ply likes this.
  14. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

And sometimes the picking of nits detracts from the integrity of a thread. And I wasn't being a nit - so you needn't have picked.

BACK TO THE OP'S TOPIC OF DISCUSSION! (Someone? Anyone? I've said my piece...)

HotForHoney likes this.
  15. JonJo

Gold Member

I thought that pointing out an error contained in a post supposedly following the integrity of the thread was on the topic of the OP's topic.

ply likes this.
  16. HotForHoney

Gold Member

Wait.... I know.... Aren't we supposed to have tit pics?

image.jpg

10_3XL and ply like this.
  17. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

Incest is messed up...I really can't add much more.