a bit gross: thrush?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by starberry, Nov 5, 2007.

1. starberry

starberry New Member

I recently developed a yeast infection which I think is normal for a girl to get it every now and again. But is it sexually transmitted? Because my boyfriends seems to have caught it. I treated it but if I sleep with him will it come back? I told him maybe we should both try treating and take some time of sex do you think thats what I need to do?

2. Dreama

Gold Member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can pass those on, so be careful. I'm sure they have products for males that help this. Both of you treat this, and take some time out of sex...You'll both be fine again in no time. No biggie, really

3. Bluesy

Gold Member

Dreama is right on, yeast infections are frequently transmitted to the guy. If a woman gets a yeast infection, the best course of action is to treat both partners (even if he isn't displaying any symptoms), to avoid having it passed back to you. I'm not sure how men are treated, but if he gives his doc a call, I'm sure they can prescribe, or recommend, the appropriate medication.

If you're going to have sex in the meantime (I never could while treating an infection--it was always too painful :(), use condoms.

4. CK_1

CK_1 New Member

Treatment of Thrush for me is pretty much the same as for women, from my experience.

You get given the same cream etc. I don;t think men can use the powerful One Hit Pill thing though.

5. HardRocker

Gold Member

You can get thrush in your mouth and throat too. They make a liquid anti fungal treatment for that, if you are unlucky enough to contract it. Swish and swallow... that's what the docs call it.