[Ask a Girl] 6pack abs

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by RedandBabe, Apr 29, 2012.

1. RedandBabe

RedandBabe New Member

Im jealous of guys with 6 pack abs.Im trying to get them but its going slow Babe says it doesnt matter shes not into that anyway....is she just trying to be nice.?

2. Texas_Red

Gold Member

Only she can confirm/deny that. If she really isn't into it, then that's that.

Don't go getting fit and cut as a matter of jealousy, that's a useless reason to do something. If you want to get fit, do it because you want to improve your own health and nothing more.

3. RedandBabe

RedandBabe New Member

Yes of course i think she'd appreciate it i was just wondering in general terms if that was a big deal to chicks.im not going to do it out of jealousy more because i want to do it to prove to myself i can .Fucking hard work tho!

4. zildjianplaya

zildjianplaya New Member

Abs are so hard to get.... either you're predisposed to them or not. I know guys that eat like total shit and never work out and they have a 6-pack... and I know guys (I'm one of them) that eat healthy, work out regularly (weightlifting and cardio) and do un-Godly amounts of various crunches and can't get rid of the insulation around my keg. Good luck with it. If it's a personal goal, great. If your girl doesn't care, then don't waste your time.

5. Clintriprock

Gold Member

You need to lower your calories. You won't see abs until youre under 10% body fat.

6. zildjianplaya

zildjianplaya New Member

Lower my calories? *gasp*

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

:eek

7. thunderseed

Gold Member

I prefer athletic guys with muscles and nice rock solid abs, but it's not every girls preference. It's a great personal goal to strive for, and working out can help raise self esteem and gives you an adrenalin boost of feel good endorphins.

And it's not supposed to be a fast process. It's something you would have to commit to. You can do as much abdominal strengthening as possible, but until you have lost every tiny bit of fat in your abdominals a six pack will not show. You could have the strongest abs in the world underneath a thin layer of fat. A lot of people go at it the wrong way. The first step to killer abs, is to do a lot of cardio, preferably HIIT, to melt off all the layers.
    You also need to do more than just crunches. You need to work all different parts of the abs, with preferable exercises like the plank or mid air abdominal work on raised bars.

The people who get abs real easy are the ones who have hardly any abdominal fat, because all they have to do is define their muscles.

8. wetness1

Gold Member

I think a lot of running should tone the lower ab area...

9. octavius

Gold Member

There are some body types that will never have a six pack. It doesn't mean they are broken or inferior in any way. I know several guys that "look fat" but their just burly....never exercise and can bench >600 pounds type of thing. Just as with women there is "theme" and "variation" to male beauty. If you are a healthy male, some girl is going to find you attractive.

10. Clintriprock

Gold Member

T seed is correct

11. zildjianplaya

zildjianplaya New Member

Agreed 100%. I could give a damn about a 6-pack. That does me no good if I'm in a fight for my life. I don't spend all day on the beach waiting for girls to look at me... so I don't need a 6-pack. I do ab workouts as part of my regular routine, but it's not to get a 6-pack. It's to create a core that's balanced with the rest of my body. In this case, I have a keg surrounded by insulation lol

12. cbrmale

Gold Member

I am one of the lucky (I suppose) few who does have a 6-pack and all I do is eat healthy food most of the time, exercise moderately every day and swim laps a couple of times a week. I don't aim to be anything more than healthy and especially to manage my diabetes better, and my 6-pack just seems to happen.

I have seen quite a few men's bodies naked, and I think defined muscles are more manly and more attractive than most men (as long as it's not overdone).

13. monstermash

monstermash New Member

a few years back I kinda had one. kinda laid back on the crunches since then. :ugh
    but I'm headed off to basic training next month so I'm sure they'll be back soon. :D

14. arugula

Gold Member

This is the most important factor. Six-packs are made (or lost) in the kitchen, not the gymnasium. No amount of cardio, HITT or crunches can overcome lack of discipline on the intake side of the equation.

15. cbrmale

Gold Member

That's true. I am about 4% or 5% body fat, which is why my 6-pack shows through.

16. AHappyWife

AHappyWife New Member

The way a guys body looks creates various emotions for me when I look at it. I happen to like all sizes of men. However, my hubby is pretty muscular and I love his body more than any other I've ever seen. It's not his muscles, but his mind.

17. too_thick

too_thick Member

Hell I been trying for the last 3 years( in june.)

I think it's going to take another 2 years.

32 jean size. @ 220.Pounds

I think i will have it when I get to size 28 jean size,

#17 too_thick, May 2, 2012
    Last edited: May 2, 2012