5 plus years

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Mr.Tongue, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Mr.Tongue

Mr.Tongue New Member

those in relationships of 5 years or longer, has your sex life slowed down , if so how many years in to the relationship, and how slow did it get and has it sung back up again.

2. Barbwire

Gold Member

I've bee with my husband for 11 years. Things went down the shitter about 2 years into it, but got really bad about a year and a half ago.

3. Mr.Tongue

Mr.Tongue New Member

the first 10 years were great anywhere from 5 times a week to 3 times a day, but there has been a steady decline over the last 5-6 years mostly the last 18 mo.
    currently we seem to be on the 2-3 mo. plan :eek:, bad thing is she knows it and jokes we our friends "poor him ,he never get it any more" or to me "yeah honey I know it's been a while".

4. RedHotLady

RedHotLady New Member

We've been together for a little over 5 years now...things have kinda slowed down a bit over the past year..and it REALLY sucks! :(

5. Mr.Tongue

Mr.Tongue New Member

how slow, just wondering if our slow down level is normal or a warning sign.

6. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

Don't let it ever go.
    With a little work and imigination
    should keep it alive and healthy well into
    your 60s

Hiker

7. heelfetish

Gold Member

Pregnancy and the birth of our son has slowed us down considerably, not to mention her career choice. She works long hours and isn't really in the mood for sex when she gets home. :(

8. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

My wife and I have been living together for 8 years (married for 5), and frequency has really dropped off in the past year. It started slipping when she quit her desk job and started working as a cook, as she'd come home tired. Now it's usually only on her days off, which is two days a week. It sucks, but it's better than my first marriage. (With that one the sex dropped to seldom the day after the wedding and to nil after about 10 years.) Anyway, Sweetie has the next two days off, so I won't be around here the next couple days.... I'll be gettin laid. :D We've been talking about retiring, selling everything, and just traveling for the next 10 years, so maybe things will pick up.:brow

9. Mr.Tongue

Mr.Tongue New Member

OH she doesn't work , although we have 2 girls, both in elm. school.
    a main excuse is "the kids are still awake", I get up at 5am , and go to bed around 930/10;00, the are problem still awake at midnight :mad: ,it hard for me to stay awake that a then get up for work in the AM, and she not a morning person :sad:

10. dazed-confused

dazed-confused New Member

Then try to send them on playdates. I'm sure if they are both around the same age they have mutual friends -- drop 'em off for a sleepover or a 3-4 hour playdate and she won't have an excuse ;)

11. RedHotLady

RedHotLady New Member

well..not too terribly slow....I mean my sex drive has increased like crazy this past year or so..but hubby swears up and down that we don't do it any less than what we used to..maybe its just because I'm horny and want it all the time...maybe thats making it seem like I'm getting it less then I used too..LOL..who knows

12. Cele300

Cele300 New Member

no help here, started slow, like nothing period for the first 2 years. minor stuff for the next 3. finally intercourse after about 6 [yes years], maybe 3-4 times a month if i'm lucky. We've been together for 9 as of now.

and i'm 26.... so is she.

I hope that moving in together now that we are engaged will start a little fire but if no so be it, I love her anyways and not marrying for the sex [although it would be amazing to have the sex life i read about on here sometime :( ]

Here's a similar question of my own, when we move in together [she will be moving out of parents]. Your though on when you first got your own place with someone, super horny? no change? what are your experiences from that first time freedom. [not trying to hijack the thread either ]

13. Mr.Tongue

Mr.Tongue New Member

actually that plan kinda fell in my lap yesterday afternoon.
    she forgot to get something out for dinner, so I offered dinner out. our neirbor and her daughter were there and offered to keep the girls (they wanted to stay home).
    so off we went to dinner at the steak house, after dinner she need to stop at wally world so we did (keep her in a good mood) we head home at once there I start to rubber her shoulders and kiss her ear.
    "honey I can't I have my period":yell

my luck is almost comical :uhh::D

also I want to say that we have an awsome ralationship, so it's not like we're fighting all time or anything........in fact I can't remember off hand the last time we fought.

14. igor

Gold Member

We are approaching our 45th anniversary. For quite a few years sex happened maybe 2 or 3 times a month (a lot less than I would have liked). For the past almost 4 years there has been no sex at all thanks to her refusal.

15. Barbwire

Gold Member

So, she didn't even give you a blowjob? That just stinks, IMHO.

16. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Next month, Thorn & I will celebrate our 30th anniversary.

We went through a terribly dry time when our kids were young. i didn't work (outside of the home) but that doesn't mean my time and life were not stretched to the limit. I know we could have found ways to be together more often, but usually it was just too damn complicated and one (or both) of us were too damn tired.

"Luckily" :eyes , we had committed to being together as a family and as husband and wife. That commitment alone is what got us through. There were times when we wondered if we actually "loved". But we endured the hard road.

The kids are gone now, bringing adorable new little grandbabies about every 6 months between the 3 of 'em :lol But the depth of our commitment through the dry times came back to us, and now we enjoy sex in every friggin room of the house.... or on the deck... or in the hot tub... over the sofa.... in the foyer (as soon as we enter the house!!)... clothes left all over the floor - or even the yard :rofl

there is something to be said about 2 people who genuinely love each other, and work through the 'hell' that they sometimes have to go through. We knew we still wanted each other.... sometimes, it's just life.

Seems the best things in life just don't come easy. But they are well worth the work.

Love,
    Grandma Rose :lol

17. ~emm~

~emm~ New Member

ive been married with my husband for 10 years, and its slowed down alot yes. when we first met we were at it like rabbits (maybe 3-4 times a day) nowadays with a teenage kid, we can only do it once every 3days ish? but boy the sex is good and sure keeps me quiet, especially with a cock in my mouth ;)

18. dwj21

dwj21 New Member

if nothing changes after about 6 months, seriously think about moving on. you are young and it will wear at you in time. sex in a relationship albeit not the most important thing is still very important and if you are not getting what you need and you have exhausted all routes to try to fix it, then move on. otherwise you will end up cheating and she will get everything, this is the country we live in. sad i know!!!!

19. dwj21

dwj21 New Member

you are the best, just remember that! a lot of women will not do that, and some when they are not even on their period, so remember you are special:)

20. cbrmale

Gold Member

I've been married 21 years, and our sex has never been better. It has never slowed in terms of frequency, but I went through a time of frustration where I was always initiating and leading all of our sexual encounters. I found that draining, but eventually discovered my wife's problem, and we resolved the issue.

I think every relationship has a sexual issue at some point: be it lack of frequency or too much routine (as mine) or something else. If the relationship is strong and you are both in love, openness and dialogue will find a cure and all can be well for the future. If the relationship has other structural issues, then the cure might not be as easily discovered.