1st time shaving

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by somedude99, Oct 19, 2007.

1. somedude99

somedude99 New Member

Ok so I decided to shave my pubic hair. I heard that it makes you look at least an inch longer to have that hair trimmed away. right after I did it it was really cool but already the day after the hair was growing back and getting all itchy. I 'tried myself out' in the shower but the stroking was irritating the skin. I haven't had sex yet but I imagine it would be just as irritating. I'm new at this, any advice/tips for shaving and maintaining? thanks!

2. Babiegurl

Babiegurl New Member

When I shave I use a shave cream ment for down there called Coochy Cream...It works great and I've never had a rash or anything with it. They have all kinds of scents. It depends on how fast your hair grows as to when you shave, I have to shave everyother day to keep it smooth. Good luck.

#2 Babiegurl, Oct 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2007
  3. AndrewD

AndrewD New Member

Did you shaved everything? I only trim above using electric clippers and shave my scrotum with a razor. Re-growth has never been a problem but I've got very fine hair follicles. That may make a difference.

4. Maveri9720

Maveri9720 New Member

Been there, done that. Lesson learned: Trim, don't shave. The itching is horrible. Andrew hit it right on the head. Trim around; shave balls. As for the sex, I've never noticed it for it to be a problem. The self pleasure on the other hand is somewhat noticeable.

Good luck next time and learn from our mistakes.

5. Amateur Nudist

Amateur Nudist New Member

I second - or third i guess - the recommendation to trim around and shave the balls. I usually give my balls a fresh shave every other day. Keeps things nice and smooth.

6. vampire raver

vampire raver New Member

It is probably going to itch quite a bit for a little while. Just keep shaving.
    When shaving soak in a bathtub for a good 30 min, apply a lot of shaving cream, don't push down with the razor when shaving let the weight of the blade do the work, also ues sharp blades.

7. cook74

Gold Member

I think that unless you are prepared to put in the effort by shaving regularly you should just trim. That way you don't have to go back to it for a couple of weeks or maybe longer.

8. somedude99

somedude99 New Member

yea I shaved everything. since then I'm kept it shaved down so the itching isn't too bad but I'll probably just end up trimming. seems easier in the long run and it's really only the stuff at the base that I wanted to shave anyway. the gf thought it was a little funny that I did it but otherwise she could care less so it's really not a turn on for her.

9. excal04

excal04 New Member

This is the best advice. Trimming is the best option to avoid itching. Of course with me, I like to clean up the edges so it ends up itching anyway. :lol

10. jwr79

jwr79 New Member

Does anyone who shaves have trouble with ingrowing hairs and bumps?

11. Pride

Pride New Member

i do kind of a trim/shave type thing

i dont shave it bare...but i shave it down. Kind of like a buzz cut type thing...that way its VERY short and not so messy looking. As well as not so long and stays out of the mouth ;-) lol

but seems to work for me. And it doesnt grow back quite as fast as it would if i were to go bare

12. Scruples

Scruples New Member

I shaved bear but it became too much maintenence, so I just trim now and it feels good. In fact I live in South Spain and it gets hot here in summer. I found that keeping it very short caused me less itching in the heat. Also shaving the scrotum can be tricky so I just trim regularly around there too. I do shave the base bear though, with shaving gel.

13. ranger12

ranger12 New Member

I shave the area around the base of my penis and my scrotum but not the whole area. I have not had any problems with irritation. The key to no irritation is to shave often and with a sharp razor. I used a shave cream that is meant to shave your head, from Headblade, it is a mentholated cream and when the cool air blows down there after I shave it tingles a little, in a good way

14. MikeDog

MikeDog New Member

I've been shaved for long time and been lucky no problems with itching but I agree with those who said you need to keep it smooth with daily touch ups every day in shower. The itching comes from hair growing back so if it's always smooth no itch. I shave the whole shaft and balls but leave it trimmed short on top into stomach. It's a great feeling.

15. Gideon

Gideon New Member

Anyone ever waxed?

I shaved everything and the new blade was not a good one I guess, and now I have a rash.

I think I'll let it grow back and use the mustache trimmer to keep it at a nice length, it will look better than all out of control look.

I do like the smooth feel of the balls shaved though.

16. slamd097

slamd097 New Member

Waxed once...and that was it for me..lol

Um, this is my routine. Bath, soak for 5 minutes. Use shaving cream with lotion, and shave. WITH THE GRAIN!! Next day, another bath, use a loofa in the area and you should be good. I loofa everytime I shower and it works. Keeps the itching down, and the irritation to a min. (shaving balls, make sure you pull the skin tight...cuts bleed for a while there..lol)