13 year old stoned to death.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Hot Wheels, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

2. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

That is amazingly disgusting, but sadly it happens......

3. cbrmale

Gold Member

It is truly saddening. I understand a little more of such actions, given my wife is Zimbabwean, and the causes of brutality like this are often quite complex under the surface. It's a bit similar to the massacres of the Ndebele people in my wife's country. Ultimately it's down to colonisation, the arbitrary drawing of boundaries on maps that created 'countries' filled with tribes who resented each other, and the imposition of democracy on those countries. The democratic process results in winners and losers, and when losing means you have been beaten by your natural enemies, violence often erupts as a consequence. Hatred, anger and frustration.

For an example that may make more sense, think of the fragmentation of post-communist Yugoslavia. The violence that broke out amongst the three ethnic factions of this one country is almost identical to the violence that is the norm in countries like Somalia and Zimbabwe.

Colonisation was the cause, but we have yet to find a cure.

4. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I read this on a news website this morning. Words cannot convey the horror that I feel - sensing the horror that this young girl felt - as she was punished and murdered for the deviant behavior of men in her society.

Gawd... sometimes I hate being a part of the human race!

5. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

M, I don't know anything about the facts behind your explanation, but I did have an inkling that this type of violence, which is prevalent, stems not so much from tribes hating tribes and the democratic process, but from religious beliefs, social stigma, and family honor. A young woman can be stoned to death for simply being alone with a male without a chaperone. Please read the linked article. I would love to hear more thoughts on this....from everyone.

http://www.stop-stoning.org/faq_honour